The Jalan Museum was established by late Shri Diwan Bahadur Radha Krishna Jalan with his entire collection of art objects in the year 1954. It is a private museum housed in a purposely built building by the founder himself. The collection of objects - numbering to about ten thousand - belonged mostly to the modern period, include those of stone, metal, terracotta, ivory, glass and porcelains. Besides, a few manuscripts may also be mentioned to the credit of the museum. Of the art objects, many are European and a few from the far-and-near-eastern countries of Asia.
Dr. P. K. Singh ‘Maun’ of Hasanpur (Dist. Samastipur) collected numerous objects and artifacts and established Kumar Sangrahalaya at his native village Hasanpur itself. The museum collection comprises a good number of terracottas, stone sculptures, paintings, manuscripts and coins.
Bihar became the first state in India to have separate web page for every city and village in the state on its website www.brandbihar.com (Now www.brandbharat.com)
See the record in Limca Book of Records 2012 on Page No. 217